Friday, November 12, 2010

My first sale

The day after I set up shop, I made my first sale by complete accident - I was tweaking all my items because all my listings were a complete mess - and I completely panicked because my 18 items had suddenly turned into 17.  I must have deleted something in all my rearranging, I decided, and searched and searched my then unfamiliar shop.  As I'm sure it's clear, I finally found it in my Sold items, and marveled at how anyone would buy my card when (as my much appreciated critics said) the photos were so apparently bad, my "tags" were all wrong, and couldn't I do something better with my shop banner?



(my first sale - is the photo that bad?)


Needless to say, I was thrilled (I don't get thrilled often), and also clueless as to what to do next.  My poor friend Cece got a flood of gchat messages from me (she has an awesome shop too (and sometimes I'm even her "model"!)) and she calmly talked me through the very obvious steps of shipping.  Thanks Cece!


One week later, I've made a lot of changes (improvements, I hope) and am still going strong!


Click here to purchase

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first sale! Does Etsy send you an email alert when you make a sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah they do, I hadn't thought to check my email, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I haven't made my first sale yet, but I was worried i'd have to go digging to find it when I do make a sale. Take care. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Your card is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete